Little Tew Village History
This section will be expanded as more information becomes available. (Contributions most welcome.)
- Wikipedia entry for Little Tew (quite informative)
- British History Online - Victoria County History entry for Little Tew Parish (Full and informative history, well referenced)
- A History of Little Tew, by Francis Price, a local resident who conducted extensive research.
- Nancy Sandars - a website and digital archive for Nancy Sandars (1914-2015), archaeologist and writer, who lived in the village all her life. Also a biographical film about her.
- The Grange - amateur drama. From 1971 to 2009 Little Tew had a flourishing amateur dramatic group that put on plays at The Grange. There is an interesting historical archive of this here.
West Oxfordshire District Council's character appraisal of the village as a conservation area contains useful details of the village's history and appearance.
- Conservation Area Character Appraisal (WODC) (pdf).
- Proposals for Preservation and Enhancement. (pdf).
Mr Warr remembers
An audio recording of a meeting in the village in the 1960s, when Mr Ernest Warr (father of Joan Warr) talked about earlier days in Little Tew.
The meeting was probably held at No Oven Cottage and there is some discussion of the building works Mr Warr undertook there.